Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Moving Stinks

We pick up the moving truck on Monday and we thought that by starting two days ago, we would be busy, but okay. Every time Jonathon takes a batch of packed boxes away to the basement, I look around and think, "Huh, it looks exactly the same as it did 2 hours ago." Meaning, progress is really hard to see when you're packing all of your belongings. This is after we already lost a lot of stuff in the flood earlier this Spring.


To make things more interesting and fun, Jonathon and Erich both have pretty bad colds. The kind where you cough all night and sound pathetic. Last night Erich woke up every half hour until about 3am. Then he slept from 3-5am and did it all over again. At 6:45am I realized all was lost and we got up and played. We are all EXHAUSTED!!

On a very good note, my friend from work, Ali, came over yesterday and played with Erich for four hours (minus a nap) so we could pack without interruption. THANKS ALI!! You may never understand how great that was. And my other work friend, Louela, is taking Erich on Monday so we can load the truck and paint. Friends really do come through for us and we are so grateful.

Okay, well I probably won't write again until we're in Michigan and settled so see ya in a few weeks. Please remember us in your prayers. Thanks!

4 comments:

andrea said...

yep-moving is NOT fun! I'll pray it goes smoothly from here on out; physically and emotionally!

Rozema Family said...

Every time I move I swear, "I am NEVER moving again." i hate to move more than anything! Labor included! I hate living like junk-rabbits for over a year (between packing up the old house and unpacking the new).

All this to say, I feel your pain!

Jonathon and Katie said...

I agree, Kimberly. At least labor was over in a day. This just keeps drraaggiinngg on and on...

Nikki & Ron said...

Nooooo don't leave New Jersey! I already miss you!