Saturday, August 18, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yesterday)!!!!

Jonathon spent his birthday doing statistics and writing at the library. But we still made the day special. I made my very first German Chocolate Cake. It turns out both of us used to request this same cake from our mothers for almost every birthday. Coincidence? I think not.

I actually had to go out and buy 9-inch round cake pans and this nifty cake presenter thingy since I had neither. I have a way of shopping and acquiring things right before a big move.



This picture is for Connie. While she was visiting me in NJ, I made her go out to eat with me every day so I wouldn't have to cook or do dishes. So, Connie, here is proof that I do cook. This is an almost normal scene in our kitchen around dinner time. As you can tell, we don't have a dishwasher. Or, rather, our dishwasher is named "Jonathon." And, yes, I made him do dishes on his birthday. I'm so mean.

"Well, Happy Birthday, and whatever..."
I love you, Schramm!!!

2 comments:

Rozema Family said...

happy birthday Schramm!

Nikki & Ron said...

That cake was SOOO good Katie! Well done!