Friday, October 17, 2008

To vote or not to vote...

I just read a friend's blog and now I'm fired up to say my piece.

I am so happy to live in a country where regardless of race, class, sex, personal beliefs, we are all able to vote for who we believe will be the "better" at running this country. Our fellow Americans worked very hard to earn us these freedoms. I really think it's our DUTY to vote.

I also think it's our DUTY to be educated about WHO and WHAT we are choosing to vote for. I will not use this blog to try to convince you who is the better candidate; that is totally up to you and your convictions. BUT, I don't know that I feel it's good to even go to the polls if you don't truly know your candidate.

Now, for arguments sake, we have to fish through a lot of junk to get to the truth. I pray for a lot of discernment when "fishing;" I pray God will help me to sift through the lies and get to the truth. We will all be deceived in some way just because we're human and satan LOVES this kind of thing to divide us.

PLEASE vote! PLEASE take time from your regular TV programming to learn about our candidates. Take advantage of the freedom we have, and the technology to stay informed.

1 comment:

Nikki & Ron said...

HERE HERE!!
Obviously our blog is not as neutral...but we came to our decision by looking into the candidates and what they offer. I hope every voter does the same thing.

It's fun to vote and officially register your opinion to the government.