Friday, October 17, 2008

News on the Home front

If you haven't already heard the news, our offer was accepted on a house. It is a foreclosed home so we need to rely heavily on our inspection next Thursday, but the house seems to be very well-kept. We are very optimistic.

I'm having an ethical dilemma about this house because I feel very sad for the family who had to move out due to foreclosure. We will end up paying about half of what the house is really worth. Good for us, definitely. But, I still feel a twinge of guilt for paying so little because of another family's tragedy. I know I can't dwell on it too much because there really is nothing I could have done to prevent the foreclosure. I'm just trying to see it purely as a blessing that God has found us a house we can afford and that we can easily grow into it if we end up staying here forever. I have no idea what the future holds, but not having to move because of space issues is a huge bonus.

So if anyone would like to visit, we've finally got the room!!!! After living in shoe boxes in New Jersey, we won't know what to do with ourselves. I think our furniture will be sparse for a long time, but that's fine by me. More room to just lay on the floor and stretch.

5 comments:

Nikki & Ron said...

Wow that is awsome!! I know what you mean about the foreclosed home. I would think the same thing. But yes, there really is nothing to do about it. It's for the best of the community that your in there.

Can't wait to see the new place, you should post some pictures.

Now there's room for some New Jersian's living in a shoebox to visit! =)

Nikki & Ron said...

How is the land of the house? Is there space to have some sort of garden?
I know you two would love that.

andrea said...

Congratulations! That's great news and I think your concerns are a mark of your sensitivity. God bless your new home and the people who are moving out of it!

Jean said...

How large is the house? What kind of yard is there? How many bedrooms? Large Kitchen? I'm anxious to see it. I understand how you feel about the people who are having to move out, but I am excited for you!

Rozema Family said...

How exciting. I know you have a heavy heart about it. You poor girl. I want to visit sometime!!!!