Friday, October 3, 2008

Schrammling #2


Schrammling #2
Originally uploaded by sillyschramm
I guess since it's not much of a secret, I'll blog it. We are expecting a new little Schramm around May 15. I've been feeling the effects of my pregnancy pretty much since the little guy (or girl) attached to my uterine wall, which has been interesting. I was lucky enough with Erich to not have many symptoms; I guess I'm just making up for it now.

In other news, Jonathon and I have started the process of buying our first home. Very scary, indeed. Now is probably the best time to buy since people are practically trying to give their houses away here in Lansing. Jonathon said to me last evening, "Now I know why people go through real estate agents; this stuff is way over my head." We probably won't get a phenomenal interest rate because of everything happening in the financial world (gag me with a fork), but we can compare it to the interest rates in the mid-80s and smile to ourselves.

Erich is talking in complete sentences. He says please and thank you (usually when prompted, of course). He's such a little man. Now we just need to convince him that going on the potty will make him the coolest person alive.

And finally, I get to reduce my hours at work. We figured out our budget and I need to work about 4 times per month to get by. I'm so very happy about that. I will be splitting my time between the Pediatric Emergency Room and the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit; my two loves (and hates).

4 comments:

andrea said...

What fantastic and exciting news. I'm so happy for your family!

I wish I could be in the house-buying market right now, too. Good luck!

Jean said...

As you know Dad and I are really excited about the new baby! We are, also, excited about the news of a possible new home. It is exciting to move into a new home and I have know you have all sorts of plans for it. It is a good time to be buying a home. It is definitely a buyers market.


Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love you.

Nikki & Ron said...

oh my gosh!!, (this is Ron but nikki is just as excited) Congratulations!! :)

And ALSO congrats on the upcoming home purchase...what an exciting...and yes scarey time for you two!! =)

weightlosers said...

I thought I'd leave my "oh, my goodness, I'm so excited for you" on here, too. I hope the house thing goes through easily! Miss you and hope to see you before too long ( :

Connie