Thursday, June 19, 2008

All hail the Tiny Saturn!

I got into a car accident yesterday morning. I was at an intersection slowing down behind someone who had stopped at a GREEN light. I had given a little "honk" so they would wake up but it didn't help. I had to slow down a little quicker than planned. All I saw in my rearview mirror was a big company van about to kiss my trunk. He hit me from behind going at about 35 mph and I hit the car in front of me. When we all pulled into a gas station to examine our cars and ourselves, he said he had turned his head because there was a squirrel stopped in the middle of the road (in oncoming traffic). All the rest of traffic was speeding along because the light was green.

I've been told by people who own very large vehicles, that they own them because they feel safer on the roads and are less likely to have damage done if in an accident. Well, our little Saturn has few scratches but no dents. The little car in front of me was also pretty unharmed except for a scratch. The only vehicle with any damage was the big ol' van which had a sizable dent in his front bumper. So throw the "big car" theory out the window!!! All hail the Tiny Saturn!

We all felt okay and since the damage was minimal we agreed to just exchange phone numbers. Well, on my way home I started feeling the pain in my neck, shoulder and left arm. I ended up having Jonathon take me to the urgent care center and was treated for whiplash. But, because it was an auto accident, my health insurance won't cover my costs unless I have a police report. So, now I have to go to the police station and file a late police report. I'm annoyed, but thankfully everyone was alright.

1 comment:

Rozema Family said...

Oh goodness! I'm glad you are okay! Yikes! good luck on everything. . .insurance is a pain!