Saturday, October 20, 2007

I think I saw Dorothy and Toto

Okay, so this happened on Thursday night, but I've been only working and sleeping the last four days so you'll have to forgive me.

We had the most incredible line of storms starting at 7:30pm. I work the 7pm-7:30am shift and they called a tornado warning no less than 7 times throughout the night. So what do you do with the patients? You stick them in the hallway. Unfortunately, my patient was on a ventilator, so we had to cover him with blankets and move him as far away from the window as possible. That sucked too, since his fever was 104.6. It was pretty much chaos.

Jonathon's parents were watching Erich. His dad said he was watching the news and there was a funnel cloud spotted pretty much right over their house. So he ran up the stairs to collect a very sleepy Erich and raced to the basement. Yes, the house is thankfully still standing. After a few times of moving up and downstairs, they all finally set up camp in the basement and slept there all night. How crazy!!! When I drove home at 8am, the sun was shining and all you could see of the storm was some very black clouds far in the distance... God's awesome power!!!

1 comment:

Rozema Family said...

EEEEeeks! There were warnings the night I was admitted into the hospital! I was like, "I'm getting this kid out in the middle of a tornado if I need to but I'm NOT LEAVING!"